A single state construction customer will appear in Russia. What does it mean
The new structure will shorten the construction time and prevent unfinished projects
The Ministry of Construction of Russia will combine the functions of a state customer for the construction of infrastructure facilities, which will reduce the time for their construction and prevent unfinished construction. This was reported by the press service of Deputy Prime Minister Marat Khusnullina.
The consolidation in the ministry of the functions of the customer for infrastructure facilities will allow to manage projects more efficiently, improve their quality, reduce the implementation time, and also prevent the appearance of unfinished construction in the country, the Khusnullin office explained.
We asked the experts what this means for the construction industry in Russia.
“This is definitely positive news.”
Stanislav Sagiryan, Development Director, RKS Development Group:
– This is definitely positive news. In many regions, project management at both the tender and construction stages is downright low. As a result, we see a lot of unfinished objects. The regional authorities are well aware of this situation and are trying to shift this headache onto private business, primarily on developers. This is especially true for kindergartens and schools. The presence of such a customer will allow for reform in this area both at the legislative and management levels, and will also help to standardize procedures for the selection of contractors, financing and construction management. If this initiative is followed by legislative consolidation of the procedure for financing these objects, uniform rules for the regions, then it is generally excellent. Now each region is inventing its own rules for financing the construction of social facilities, including trying to shift the cost of construction and installation work to developers, which in most regions of Russia makes housing projects unprofitable.
“A single technical customer will work on the principle of one window”
Irina Dobrokhotova, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Best-Novostroy:
– The technical customer is the most important structure, on the work of which the performance of the entire cycle of work at the construction site depends. In this case, we are talking about the construction or reconstruction of departmental facilities, which means the implementation of targeted government programs. The creation of a single technical customer is designed to organize a service that will work according to the principle of one window, reduce the time required for passing various approvals, streamline the receipt of initial permits for facilities and much more, including control over the implementation of deadlines and spending of funds. We all see how effectively the one-stop-shop principle works on the example of the MFC. By the way, the authorities have been thinking about creating a single technical customer for a long time. Now, obviously, there are all the resources for this and a base has been created, including a technological one, which will allow at least to conduct electronic document management, and subsequently create a full-fledged unified information system for working with investment projects.
Working block diagram”
Anton Skirda, Deputy Chairman of the Construction Committee of the Moscow Association of Entrepreneurs, Member of the Construction Committee of LLC SME Opora Rossii:
– Regarding the issue of transferring the client’s functions to the regulator – a great idea and a working structural diagram. This is a big step forward, especially since in some regions the interaction between the customer and the contractor has long been arranged in this way. At first glance, everything looks very suspicious, since the whole process will be in the same hands, but the ministry will come face to face with those construction methods, pricing, innovations in 44-FZ, which it itself considers, develops or approves and with which the directorates of ministries had to work earlier …
One of the positive aspects of this step is the technical study of the issue from the legislative side. For example, when considering bills or amendments to issues related to cultural heritage sites, the Ministry of Culture rarely took part. Most of the discussions took place in the fields of public organizations. But the issue of preservation and correct from the historical point of view of reconstruction of buildings of cultural heritage is very important for the whole country. The staff of construction directorates of various ministries is represented by highly qualified specialists. I hope that there will be an opportunity to transfer them to the Ministry of Construction of Russia. But the deadlines set by the government for the transfer of directorates under the wing of one ministry will create discomfort for general contractors.
It may happen that for some time construction companies will have to suffer with payments for their work, since most contracts go through the treasury. Most likely, it will turn out to be a situation where de jure the customer of the contractor is the directorate of one or another ministry, and de facto the Ministry of Construction takes over the work. Here it is necessary to develop a program to work within the transition period.
“The changes should lead to the improvement of public procurement procedures”
Rifat Garipov, member of the Public Council under the Ministry of Construction of Russia:
– In fact, a system of a single technical customer in the construction of infrastructure facilities is being formed in the country. Obviously, this should be done by the relevant ministry, which has the necessary competencies in the formation of technical specifications, the cost of work, the choice of construction companies for the reconstruction of infrastructure facilities, including in the regions of the country. We are talking about objects that were previously under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Sports, the Ministry of Education and Science, the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Health. That is, these are hospitals, schools, and leisure facilities. As a result, the changes should lead to an improvement in public procurement procedures and an increase in the quality of work performed.
“Centralization of functions can lead to an increase in implementation time”
Oleg Guryev, director of the development department, GC “A101”:
– The creation of a single technical customer turned out to be very effective in Moscow in terms of implementation, control of construction processes, as well as an approach to the formation of uniform standards in the construction of objects for various purposes, including transport and social infrastructure. Therefore, the transfer of this experience to the federal level seems logical: unification will help optimize the procurement process and improve the average level of quality of work. At the same time, the centralization of functions can lead to an increase in the time frame for project implementation by increasing the bureaucratic burden on the new structure. This is the main task of the initial stage of the work of a single technical customer, which, as it seems, will need to be solved at the very start.