Six establishments with the function of the state developer have been put under the control ofo the ministry
These institutions will become part of a new public law company, which in the coming years will have to be responsible for the construction of state facilities worth 300 billion rubles.
From October 1, 2020, six federal state institutions that perform the functions of state developers have been transferred to the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Construction of Russia. This follows from a government decree signed by the Russian Prime Minister on August 21, 2020.
This initiative was announced back in March this year, when the head of the Cabinet of Ministers noted that “it is necessary to create a clear vertical management structure for construction and, if possible, build a system of a single state customer.” After that, an order was given to Deputy Prime Minister Marat Khusnullin to summarize and present the relevant proposals.
From October 1, the following federal state institutions are under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Construction of Russia:
- Directorate for the Development of Physical Culture and Sports (previously under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Sports);
- Directorate of a single customer for construction, capital and current repairs (previously under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education and Science);
- Directorate for Construction, Reconstruction and Renovation (previously under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Culture);
- North-West Directorate for Construction, Reconstruction and Restoration (previously under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Culture);
- United Directorate of the Single Customer of the Federal Tax Service;
- Directorate of a single customer-developer (previously under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Health).
The institutions are united under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Construction to create a new public law company “Single State Customer in the Construction Industry” by January 1, 2021. At the end of September, the corresponding draft law was published on the portal of regulatory legal acts.
What will a single state customer do
The new single state customer will be responsible for the creation of facilities under the Federal Targeted Investment Program (FAIP) and individual state programs, RBC explained the day before. The functions of the new state-owned company will include orders not only in the field of construction, but also in the field of design, overhaul, reconstruction, restoration, engineering surveys.
Now various ministries are independently responsible for the construction of objects under their jurisdiction: for example, the Ministry of Health is allocated money for the construction of hospitals, and the Ministry of Culture – for the restoration of cultural heritage sites. The ministries have supervised organizations that perform the functions of the construction customer. After the creation of a new state-owned company, the customer services of different ministries will be merged, a single state customer will be responsible for the construction of stadiums and the construction of science facilities, if they are fully or partially financed from the federal budget.
Earlier, Marat Khusnullin specified that the new single state customer in the next three years will be responsible for projects with a funding volume of about 300 billion rubles.