What is based on national projects
Svetlana Chupsheva, General Director of the Agency for Strategic Initiatives, told which tools to improve the socio-economic climate in the country are effective and which should be replaced.
– How do you assess the state of the investment climate in the regions of the Russian Federation?
– International Doing Business rating captures the improvement of the situation in Russia. Our country rose from the 120th place in 2012 to the 31st in 2019th. However, this assessment is carried out only in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Since its foundation, the Agency has been actively engaged in improving the investment climate in the regions of Russia. As the main instrument for assessing the investment climate in the regions, the National Rating of the state of the investment climate is used. On average, rating indicators record improvement for the sixth year in a row. During this time, institutes for business were created in the regions: specialized organizations for attracting investments; The channels of direct communication of investors with the leadership of the entities, as well as the work of regional investment councils, have been established. For example, the average time to obtain a building permit has been reduced by 4 days over 4 years to 100 days; the average connection time to the power grid was reduced by 25 days – to 72 days.
But not everything is as rosy as it may seem. There is a significant deterioration in a number of important, and in many cases critical for the business factors of the investment climate. The key is control supervision and administrative pressure. If in 2015 only every fifth enterprise faced corruption, and in the most problematic regions – every third, then in 2019 it is already the norm (national average) that every third enterprise in the region is under such pressure.
– How can business participate in national development projects?
– The basis of national projects has already laid the need to consolidate the efforts of business, society and the state to achieve breakthrough scientific, technological and socio-economic development of our country.
The mechanisms and areas of cooperation of these three powerful forces can be very different. One of the tasks of ASI is to assist in the development and implementation of programs that increase the access of the non-state sector to the achievement of national priorities based on proven best practices and methodologies. We pay special attention to the social sphere. I would especially note the huge potential for the implementation of public-private partnership projects – from the construction of hospitals, sports centers to infrastructure facilities.
ASI is a member of the founders of the Digital Economy Autonomous Non-Profit Organization, one of whose tasks is to support socially significant projects and initiatives in the digital economy. I will cite the facts of business participation in one of the areas of the Digital Economy national project – training for the economy of the future.
The shortage of IT specialists, according to experts, is 1 million people. The state has set a goal to increase the rates of annual admission to universities in IT specialties 3 times – up to 120,000 people by 2024. Even today, the scale of the contribution to the training of personnel makes business efforts comparable to those of the state. Training in IT areas is conducted by the leaders of the digital economy: GeekBrains, Mail.ru Group, Rostelecom, Sberbank, MTS, Tsifra Company and other educational services operators.
Indicative is the experience of business and state integration within the framework of the All-Russian action “Digit Lesson” – a series of unusual informatics lessons held monthly during the school year. Since the launch of the campaign in December 2018, almost 12,000,000 gaming sessions have been completed on the project website, more than 200 open lessons were held in the regions with the participation of governors, IT ministers and representatives of partner companies.
– Together with Skolkovo you have released several editions of the Atlas of New Professions. What other projects related to the education of the future are in your asset?
– The existing personnel training systems in Russia, in terms of program content, managerial models, and teaching methods, often do not meet the needs of the labor market. But we can abandon outdated approaches only by introducing new ones, so the ASI, together with partners, will support 100 leadership projects aimed at modernizing education.
This year we are scaling up to 23 regions of the “Personnel of the Future for the Regions” initiative. The initiative is aimed at schoolchildren and students of universities and colleges, focused on the development of their regions. Under the guidance of mentors from among the representatives of the political, scientific and professional elites of the region, the children implement their project ideas in the strategic directions of the socio-economic development of their regions.
The key to this initiative is the involvement of potential employers, investors in such work, because they are the main customer for the works.