PZZ will raise the transparensy of urban development in Moscow
Land use and development rules (PZZ) were approved in Moscow month ago. It is a meaningful event for the urban development of the city. PZZ are developed on the basis of Mosocw Master Plan and are taking into in account previously approved decisions in urban development- territorial planning projects and urban development plans of land plots.
«PZZ- is the document, which provides the transparency of urban development decisions in Moscow. This document asserts the preservation of existing development in majority of residential zones. At the same time PZZ creates the conditions for city development mainly by use of the former industrial zones»,- says the Head of the Moscow Architecture and City Planning Committee, Uliana Knyazevskaya.
Land use and development rules formalize:
- the types of allowed land use and capital construction facilities:
- The marginal specifications of allowed construction and reconstruction of capital construction facilities: density of construction, the maximum number of floors and maximum height, maximum percentage of facilities in one land plot;
Maps with territorial zones have the borders of cultural heritage and its territories and also the perimeters of zones with special use conditions- zones with water protection, protected zones with natural landscape, specially protected natural territories.
Starting from PZZ approval any urban development activity in Moscow, including construction and reconstruction, can be made only according to the rule of PZZ. This document answers the following questions: is the construction allowed in this zone, what can be built, what are maximum parameters of construction.
PZZ guarantee to Muscovites and developers:
- Objective and reliable information about the possibility of construction in every district of the city;
- The protection of existing city environment form chaotic and high-density construction;
- The protection of natural environment and cultural heritage;
- Unified rules of urban development decisions (issuance of urban development plan of land plot parameters of which are matching PZZ will be automatic)
- Prevention of large number of urban development conflicts;
- The potential for city development, improvement of business climate, the growth of investments. Together with protection of the territories PZZ determines the future development of the territories and possibility for the construction. Mainly these territories are industrial zones and newly attached territories.
«Moreover, approval of PZZ allow to reduce administrative barriers for investors, because GPZU issuance will come down to informational statement from PZZ»,- added the representative of the Moscow Architecture and City Planning Committee.
Moscow Mayor official website